Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love bugs on board

Yesterday about 2:30 we transferred two 8-cell great quality embryos.  The entire experience was so much more relaxed than my previous three transfers.   I always felt like I was a number who was rushed in and out, but this clinic really took their time.   Sean and I went into the OR and the nurse helped to get me settled in the rather attractive position.  She explained everything to me even though she had done this before bringing us in.  The doctor used a practice catheter to make sure everything was clear and then he transferred the two embryos.   Instead of pulling out the catheter right away, they waited a minute and then slowly pulled it out.   As the embryologist checked the catheter, we all waited and then the doctor and nurse started cleaning up the OR.  During all this time I was still laying flat.  It was nice not be whisked out right after transfer.   After exciting the OR, I was put in a recliner that leaned rather far back for about 10 minutes.   Even after this time was up, we were able to take our time getting dressed and leave.  In no way were rushed or pushed through.   It was a fantastic experience and everyone was so very positive.

The transfer begins my favorite part of the cycle PUPO (pregnant until proved otherwise).   Even though I have to continue to take progesterone injections and 6 mg of estrogen daily, it is the one time in the cycle that there is total hope that I will be pregnant and I am need to treat my body as if it is pregnant.   I take things easily (no heavy workout sessions....oh darn), eat healthy (well as much as I can), park in "expectant mother" spots (let's be honest I do this anyways but normally out of spite).   I get to really dream about all the things that will occur when I finally get that positive result.  Will I call Sean right away?  Will I go buy something special?   Will I just break down and cry?  We all know that the last option is the one that will probably occur.  Until February 13th, I get to think of myself as pregnant and that is one of the best feelings in the world.  For right now I'm not going to think about what I will do if I receive a negative result yet again; I'm going to try to stay positive and enjoy this time since there is a chance that I may only get 2 weeks of it.

No comments: