Thursday, February 23, 2012

Still Cautiously Optimistic

Sean and I went in for our first ultrasound this morning.   The tech said I'm measuring at exactly 6 weeks which would put my due date on October 18th.   Even though there was a chance of multiples, we are happy to see only one little sack and our baby (which really looked like a little white dot).  We were even lucky enough to see the heartbeat.  This however isn't bringing me as much peace of mind as I would've hoped.   The ultrasound tech mentioned that the heart beat was a little low (78 when it should be between 90-110) and that it should be monitored closely.  Of course this started the tears almost immediately.  Really? Can't anything go smoothly?

After the ultrasound, we had a meeting with our nurse.  It was so great to finally get to talk to her face to face after spending so many months talking on the phone.   She assured me that we shouldn't be worried about the low heartbeat.  I'm only 6 weeks exactly and the heart could've just started beating today.  She told us that they have seen women who haven't found any heartbeats at 6 weeks go one to have very successful pregnancies.  It definitely did calm me down, but I have to say that I'm not 100% relaxed.   I now have to wait two more weeks (TWO WEEKS!!!!) to have a second ultrasound.  At this point in time I will meet with the RE and hopefully graduate to a regular OB (which I need to find soon).    Until then I have to continue with my progesterone injections and just keeping waiting cautiously optimistic!  I really hope this is it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so...how are things going?