Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best Valentine's Ever!

Sean and I decided awhile ago that we wouldn't buy each other Valentine's presents this year (even though he bought me roses and an Itunes gift card).  Instead we spend Monday night wandering around Babies R Us and purchased a $200 gift card so we can buy a big ticket item once my due date gets closer.  That's right I said due date.   IVF #3 officially worked!  Every new we tried has done the job!

I went in for a pregnancy test (beta) on Monday.  My levels were 195, which was in the average range for 16 dpo.   I went back in today (Wednesday) and was tested again. The doctor wanted to see a 66% increase.  Well this baby (or babies) is/are definitely mine.  My HCG levels jumped to 632 which is over triple the first level.   This could possibly mean that there is more than one snuggled in.   Sean and I will get an answer to this question next Thursday when we have first ultrasound!   I can't wait to see them again.  They have grown so much from the 8-cell picture I have them.

I have told a number of people since so many have supported us throughout our journey.  I feel they deserve to know.   We have decided not to fully out ourselves for a few weeks.  We definitely cannot wait until I'm out of first tri, but we want to wait a little longer just to make sure things are going well.  So if you found this post, CONGRATS! You must be part of the inner circle :).    Thank you for sharing this journey with us.  I will be sure to keep you informed throughout the pregnancy. 

5 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a healthy 9 months.

Lindsey Spada said...

Such wonderful news! Congrats!

Colleen Palacios said...

Congratulations!! I have been thinking about you lately and wanted to check on to see anything new. I just want you to know that your story is amazing and such a blessing. Thanks for sharing it! Congratulations again Mommy!!

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are so happy for you and Sean. You both are going to be great parents!!

Anonymous said...

Muhaha! I love being part of an inner circle! I am so happy for you. I cannot wait until we see Ella's best friends! <3<3<3