Thursday, January 26, 2012

What a pain in the @ss!

No I'm not talking about my darling husband; I'm talking about the lovely intramuscular (IM) injection that I get to enjoy in a few brief hours.   Even though getting a 1.5" needle stuck in my butt cheek is exciting enough, it gets better.  This needle is my trigger for my egg retrieval which is scheduled for 9:15 on Saturday morning!  

This injection represents the fourteenth needle that I have been stuck with since Sunday: 4 nights of gonal-f (stimulating), 5 mornings of lupron, and 4 blood draws.   In addition to all this, I have been up at 4:45 and out of the house at 6 for the last three mornings so that I could drive down to the home of the AFC Champions for blood work and ultrasound.  My plan of running into Brady and getting Super Bowl tickets didn't work, but I did get the chance to move forward in my cycle.  This IM injection is just one thing in a long list of things that I have to do on my journey to have a child.

After the retrieval on Saturday,  we will have two embryos transferred on Tuesday and hopefully they will snuggle in for a long rest.

No comments: