Monday, August 8, 2011

Anniversary

We spent last year dining in a castle and ending the night fireworks.  We spent the year before getting married in an amazing ceremony at one of the most beautiful venues in the world.    I still can't believe how lucky I am to have found such a great and supportive guy.  I always knew Sean was special and strong, but over the last couple years this has become even more clear.    At our wedding,   I never questioned that we would be successful in our goal of beginning a family.   At our first anniversary, we were a little more nervous, but still incredibly confident.   Today?  I can't say I am as confident.  Will we have a family? Yes.   Will it happen soon?  I don't know.   I desperately hope that this upcoming IVF cycle will be the magic cycle, but there is still a part of me that does think is will happen.

While I would never wish this on anyone, I know that this two year stuggle has helped to bring Sean and I closer than ever.   We have had to figure out how to support each other throughout this time of crisis.   It is actually an opportunity that few couples have the ability to experience.   I know that once a child comes into a class, we will be able to use all this to help us make a stronger family. 

Hopefully this is the last anniversary that we are celebrating without children.  Sean and I would gladly give up any date night celebration to be at home with our little prize.  

1 comment:

Megan said...

Happy Anniversary! I also hope that this is the last one you have with empty arms!