Friday, November 9, 2012

1 month!

Olivia was 1 month old yesterday.  I can't believe the time has gone so fast. Each month I'm going to try to record some basic information about her to let everyone know, but also to help me remember this time.
Weight: 8 pounds 3.5 ounces (25th percentile)
Length: 21 inches (50th percentile)

Milestones: 
  • can hold head up at 45 degree angle for a few seconds and at times can turn head from one side to the other side when on belly
  • starting to vocalize, especially when looking in a mirror (she loves to look at herself)
  • starting to really smile, especially at Mommy
Firsts:
  • bath - October 25th 
  • Halloween - dressed as Minnie Mouse
  • Nor'easter & Hurricane
Sleeping habits:
    Most nights she sleeps well at 3-3.5 hour segments at the beginning of the night and slightly shorter as the night goes on.  Naps during the day last between 30 and 90 minutes normally.   When she starts to get over-tired, she likes to be swaddled and held.  Luckily I found a great white noise app because she also likes "shh-ing" sounds and I was losing my voice.  

Eating habits:
   She eats 2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours.  She averages about 2.5 ounce most often.  She is a fairly slow eater and I have attempted to put quicker nipples on the bottles, but she tends to drown herself then.  She also began a bad habit of wanting to eat an hour or so after a feeding and then only drinks .5 ounce or so.   According to the doctor she is just trying to soothe herself with the bottle and I need to break her of the habit of turning to food for comfort.  I guess I have to use the pacifier more often, even though I don't want her to become dependent on it.


At her appointment today, she had to get her 2nd hepatitis B shot.  She was already crying because she was just fussy, but as soon as the needle went in her cry went from just a fussy cry to a a real scream.  The poor little girl!  However she was quickly quieted when I picked her up and she got a lovely band-aid:


Right now, she is napping in her crib, which I was told I need to do more often to get her used to sleeping there. :(  Later we are heading to book club.  I need to get her literary before her father gets her hooked on movies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do you need a babysitter